The Smart Way to Ensure Heavy Vehicle Safety, Compliance and Performance
Director convicted and fined more than $466,000
Failure to ensure the proper service and maintenance work on heavy vehicles can cost lives. It also carries heavy workplace health and safety (WHS) penalties across all States and Territories of Australia.
In a recent case in West Gippsland, a road maintenance company and its director were convicted and fined more than $466,000 after the death of a young truck driver. He was driving a water cart truck with faulty brakes. The brakes hadn’t been inspected by a qualified mechanic for 16 months.
In addition, the driver hadn’t received any formal training in the operation of water cart trucks, nor any driver supervision training in difficult conditions. These trucks have unique handling characteristics. To learn more about this incident visit WorkSafe.
A digital solution
The DIGI CLIP mobile checklist and inspection app is a digital solution to:
- help heavy transport operators avoid safety issues, and
- ensure their compliance with National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) and WHS regulations and laws.
But the benefits don’t end there. The app can also reduce vehicle downtime by ensuring that minor issues can be promptly rectified before they become major issues. More vehicle time on the road equals more revenue for your business.
How it works
The DIGI CLIP app allows drivers to use their mobile phones to:
- complete daily pre-start inspection checklists for their vehicles, and
- report any necessary maintenance required.
The DIGI CLIP checklists:
- are fully customisable, so they can be tailored to meet the specific operational needs and risk context of your business.
- avoid any legibility issues that can happen with hand-written checklists.
- can be instantly updated and communicated across your business so all of your stakeholders know what’s happening with your vehicles.
- enable necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance to be efficiently scheduled and monitored by fleet managers.
The DIGI CLIP mobile forms app is available to help you improve business vehicle safety, compliance and performance. Visit DIGI CLIP today to learn more!
Disclaimer: This article is intended to provide general information only. It is not intended as legal or expert advice. You should seek professional advice before acting or relying on the content of this article.